View Profile Ketyri

All 191 Audio Reviews

30 w/ Responses

There's not enough dry signal in a lot of these instruments so when stuff kicks into high gear nothing really... stands out? The percussion needs less reverb I think, just to ground it.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW

Sounds like a pretty rad Sonic Level, love the aquatic ambience synth thing too. I'm starting to associate that sound with you. It's like this Interstellar sound but with more of an attack. Lol.

Percussion needs to stand out more. HOT DAMN that 1:45 part is wonderful.

Mix isn't quite there but I don't know what the song needs to fix it, at least it's not obvious to me.

The intro until about 40 seconds in is really really fake, and the drums aren't really doing it for me at all. I wonder if there was both a better way to do those but also shorten the intro. Once the intro ends and it kicks into high gear it starts sounding a lot better though, although I think the drums could stand to stand out a bit more? The bass is pretty underwhelming too in this section.

Honest to goodness the best parts about this song are the orchestral parts swelling up, with the mariachi horns doing their fiddly shit. Oh and the kick isn't really doing much either, it needs more to it.

Woah 3:04. Now it sounds like we're fucking taking on the world. WOAH that piano. I don't care if it's fake, I like how it dances around a lot. However the biggest issue this song is it sounds like an instrumental. Where's my lead? :'(

the pause section at around 45 on feels like it could have more instruments dancing around. Still it's funny to imagine the bass is screaming in pain.

I HEAR CLICKS >:(

larrynachos responds:

kontakt + netbook cpu = crackle

Tame Impala x Ambient presents....

BIRTHDAY

I love the sound of this so much.

magnificent.

BACK TO CLASS PUNKS

Oh man this is much better than the last composition in terms of SWELLING. In terms of loudness though it's lacking, like before.

That crazy drum beat rhythm is pretty wild and really makes the song. Low end is seriously missing here. In the last song it wasn't the focus so who cares, but here it absolutely is. It's this rhythmic speed boost. WHERE'S MY BASS DAMMIT :'(

Also lmfao at the schmuck who thought the cymbal crash was too loud, pretty much all of his advice was bad

I do love the background drooping synth, you can especially hear it at the end of the song. That's great too.

Okay, this mix sounds really flat. The panning lead is annoying and too loud, and everything else sounds like it had all the moisture sucked out of it and packaged for space travel. Even the drums sound meh. It's a shame because the composition is pretty good, although it could use more instrumentation.

"famous composer" for the acclaimed certified Newgrounds hit game Sky Panda, writing music one song at a time.
Hit me up at ket#3232